A customer asked about RT on/off pins today and I realized I didn’t know enough about the recommended lengths. I have several sizes inventoried but what size fits what?
Zoo on mcb writes in this thread:
On/Off pin: .712″ w/ brass top and double o-ring top.
.725″ w/ aluminum top and single o-ring top.
Retro Valve/X-Valve/Classic RT:
On/Off Pin: .750 inches “
I typically use a ULT instead of an RT on/off but from the threads linked to above and below most of the recommendations for the RT on/off are:
1. Start with a .750 stock RT on / off pins.
2. If you want more of a reative trigger than work your way down from the .750. Sand lightly since there and test often. If you do to far you have to scrap the pin and start off.
3. Don’t go less than .710 or you’re screwed.
More RT on off pins are availab here:
Good links I used as reference:
• RT / X on/off pin dimensions?
• Emag on off length?
• Getting RT response trigger working
• RT on / off in a classic mag valve